What Rights Do I Have?

Many “Sewer Back-up” claims are covered by the OGTCA which has time limits that forever bar your claim if not filed timely. Cities and Municipalities will generally provide you with a form to complete and submit for the “investigation”. You are not required to use any particular form and you should contact an experienced lawyer to assist you with making a claim.

Many Cities and Municipalities have insurance that cover sewer claims, but the insurance company as a matter of routine will deny your claim. Do not expect your claim to be paid even if it was the fault of the City. It’s a numbers game and the insurance company thinks you will give up because getting the City to pay is too much trouble. Don’t let the City or the Insurance company add insult to injury, contact a sewer lawyer.